Heyyyy Mommination! I know we are all SO excited starting the Fit Mommi Challenge this week! (Go team Fit-Ish Mommies!) Some of us have kept it together since the last challenge and some of us nooot so much. But it’s cool, we’re all going to motivate each other to get that booty and belly right so that we can show off these summer bodies all summer 21 okay!
The key step in doing so is by eating properly! Healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland! You’ll see what I mean when you try this Cajun Chicken Quinoa bowl! Filled with tomatoes, southwestern corn, avocado and peppers you are going to crave this meal all week! And guess what! You can have it all week because it’s great for meal prepping! You don’t have to suffer and eat salads the whole challenge, let’s kick up the flavor so that we can enjoy working out and eating and not dread it! But be warned, this bowl will be DELICIOUS so DO NOT OVER EAT lol seriously.
This recipe is super easy to make! You can also watch the video recipe tutorial on my IGTv!
Feta cheese crumbles
Bleu cheese crumbles
Have fun with it! Make it your own!
- Boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned corn
- 1/4 of an green, red and yellow pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp season salt or salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mrs. Dash Southwest seasoning
- Cut up all veggies and set aside.
- Bring two cups of chicken broth to a boil
- Add in Quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer approx. 15 mins.
- In a separate pan melt 1 tbsp butter and add corn.
- Cook corn until soft (about 5 minutes) then season with southwest seasoning.
- Preheat 2 tbsp oil.
- Season chicken. Be generous with the seasoning!
- Once oil is hot, add chicken and sear until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove chicken once done and add in peppers.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Once peppers are done remove and set aside.
- Assemble bowl by layering with quinoa them topping with all remaining ingredients.