Getting your kids to eat their vegetables can be tricky sometimes! One day they like carrots, the next day you are Cruella Devil for offering them. Don’t work up a sweat Mommi! I found a quick and yummy Kale Smoothie recipe to sneak those veggies in.
Smoothies are great a way to pack in vitamins and increase fiber consumption. Homemade smoothies are much better than store bought since they contain less sugar. This recipe only calls for eight simple ingredients. You can thank me later when you taste just how delicious this is!
- 2 stems of Kale (thoroughly washed if not using pre-washed)
- 1 Cup frozen pineapple
- 1 banana frozen
- 3 to 4 strawberries
- 1/4 of lemon or lime
- 1/2 scoop of supplemental powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water or almond milk
- 1 /2 Mango
- Pour your liquid into a clean blender.
- Layer your Kale and fruits
- Add a scoop of your favorite supplemental powder. If you want to get adventurous add a scoop of peanut butter for a healthy fat.
- Cover with ice and blend until smooth
You can even use this recipe to make a smoothie bowl. Add a few scoops of your favorite yogurt. Once blended, add your favorite granola, nuts or topping of your liking.
Cut the banana into small pieces. Place on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Store in freezer bags, if you don’t have time for that you can always just place the banana in the freezer bag whole.
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe! Remember smoothies can be enjoyed as breakfast or a snack between meals. Share in the comments your favorite recipes. Mommi life can be a challenge, making breakfast doesn’t have to be.
See more of my favorite recipes here.
Wishing you the best,