Berry Oatmeal (No Sugar)
Berry Oatmeal has become a breakfast staple for my family. It is easy to prepare and tasty!
Growing up my mom would always make me and my siblings’ eggs, oatmeal, and toast. I always hated this breakfast. I now understand as a parent that oatmeal was a warm inexpensive meal that could stretch for four kids.
Lately I have been trying to eat healthy so my daily muffins, donuts and coffee will not make the cut. I love the taste of a sweet sugary breakfast. Honestly, I might have a slight problem with sugar. Starting my day off with a healthy start sets the tone for my day.
- Organic Quick Oats
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Flax Seeds
- Plant Based Milk
- Bag of Frozen Mixed Berries
1. Prepare oatmeal as directed by the package directions. (I prefer organic quick oats. Any oats will do except oatmeal packets. Most convenient microwave packets contain tons of sugar.)
2. Once oats are finished cooking add cinnamon, nutmeg, pure maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to taste.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds. (Flaxseed common benefits include it helps improve digestive health and relive constipation.)
4. Now it is time to add some berries. I like to buy a bag of mixed frozen berries. I only use my berries for oatmeal and smoothies so if they are frozen, they can last a long time. Once you place fruit on top of oatmeal it will defrost in about a minute if covered. If you prefer fresh berries have at it.
5. Add a splash of your favorite non-dairy plant-based milk. Enjoy your healthy sugar free tasty oatmeal.
All measurements are based off of your personal preference. Experiment! Have fun with a variety of berries or toppings.
Breakfast doesn’t have to be hard!
Let us know in the comments if you have a favorite oatmeal recipe.