- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping + Stove
- Cuisine: American Ukrainian
- 11 oz box of organic baby spinach, pre-washed
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 long English cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Healthy Spinach Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- In a large salad bowl, add spinach, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms and sesame seeds.
- In a small Mason jar, add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and soy sauce. Screw on lid tight and shake until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over salad before serving and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead: Refrigerate salad ingredients separately from the dressing covered with plastic for up to 2 days.
Dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Olive oil hardens when refrigerated. Just place a jar with the dressing in a bowl with hot water for 1o minutes or so. Always shake the dressing before serving.
How to make candied pecans for spinach salad? If you would like to “glorify” simple spinach salad with candied pecans, here is how to make them:
- In a large skillet, add 1 cup pecans and toast them on medium heat for 5 minutes or until fragrant, stirring often.
- Turn off heat and add 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- Stir until nuts are all coated and caramelize.