How she feeds you is how she feels about you 😉
Ladies we all KNOW the way to a mans heart is through his stomach! So this Father’s Day let’s show our baby daddies just how much we APPRECIATE all that they do with a good home cooked meal! There’s nothing like a juicy, tender steak to knock any man off his feet. And if your baby daddy is anything like mine he’ll like a nice shot of that Yak on the side 😉 lol
This dinner consists of Juicy Steak, Garlic Parmesan Asparagus, Pan Seared Squash and a Cheesy Twice Baked Potato (don’t forget the sour cream 😊)!
Everything is very easy and quick to make! If you’re not the best at making steaks its okay! I have a little trick for you. Buy the precut beef stew tips or get a nice size sirloin and cut it into bite sized pieces. Small pieces are easier to cook and you still get a juicy steak dinner! So just season, sear 1-2 mins on each side and you’re all done! But make sure not to over crowd your pan when doing it this way. You still want a nice crust on your steak bites!
I added approximate cook times so that you can time your meal properly ensuring everything is fresh, hot and ready to serve!
For full video tutorial of this recipe check it out on my Instagram IGTV post!
Lets make this a Fathers Day to remember! Enjoy!
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Butter (room temp)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream/milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Stalk of Asparagus
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 TBSP Butter (or oil)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Season to taste
- Your choice of steak cut (brought to room temp)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper (or seasoning of choice)
- 2 Squash
- 2 Tbsp Butter (or oil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 and Line a baking sheet with foil
- Cleanse potato skin then pierce all sides of potato with fork.
- Drizzle oil and rub into skin. If you eat the skin you can add a little salt for flavor.
- Bake Potatoes for 45-60 mins. Carefully check for doneness by squeezing potato. If insides are soft they are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10-15 mins
- With a pairing knife cut a small hole around potato
- Scoop insides into a mixing bowl, but leave enough inside for the potato to still stand firm.
- Melt 1tbsp butter then season it. Brush inside of potatoes with seasoned butter. (I used Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb)
- Mash the potatoes then Add another tbsp butter, warm cream/milk, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper to potatoes and mix until well combined but not smooth like mashed potatoes. They should be slightly thick.
- Stuff potato skins with filling and top with cheese. Bake addt’l 15 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Additional toppings: Bacon bits, Chives and Sour Cream!
- Add 2tbsp butter to large heated pan
- Wash and trim the ends off of the Asparagus
- Once butter is melted add in 2tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Add in Asparagus and toss
- Add in minced garlic, salt and pepper (seasoned to your liking) and toss
- Cook Asparagus until your desired doneness.
- Sprinkle fresh grated parmesan cheese on top once done.
- Add 2tbsp butter to pan
- Once pan is hot add in squash
- Sear about 2-3 mins or until slightly brown
- Flip and cook 1-2 more mins
- Season and remove from heat
- Preheat cast iron skillet and oven to 250
- Add butter and oil to skillet
- Make sure Steak is at room temp then season with your choice of seasoning
- Lay steaks away from you in skillet. Press down to ensure a good crust forms.
- Sear on each side 2-3 mins
- Add additional butter, garlic and fresh herbs into pan. Toss butter onto steak
- Place steak in oven and cook until your desired doneness. A meat thermometer is helpful to get the right doneness.
- Let steak sit about 5 mins. Top with garlic butter and serve!