STUFFED TACO SHELLS
How awesome is it that Cinco de Mayo fell on Taco Tuesday this year?? 2020 was definitely supposed to be a lit year! It clearly has been otherwise and we clearly won’t be out drinking pitchers of Strawberry Margaritas this year. But it’s okay! We’ve been turning up at home this long let’s not stop the fun now! Grab your tortilla shells and ground meat because we’re making Stuffed Taco Shells! If you want a real party add some Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream or even a bowl of Guacamole on the side! And don’t forget your Strawberry Margarita!
- Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef/turkey
- 1/2 c onion
- 1/2 c green pepper
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 c salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Seasonings (adobo & cumin)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Sour cream & Pico for dipping
- 1/2 c water
- Place meat in skillet and brown over medium heat. Once no more pink is left remove meat and drain.
- In same pan, heat oil. Then add in onions & peppers. Saute about 5 mins.
- Add garlic & saute about 1-2 mins more.
- Add drained meat to pan with veggies & mix to combine.
- Add taco seasoning (Follow steps on taco seasoning packet)
- Lightly season meat with adobo and cumin. Mix to combine. Let simmer on med low heat for about 5 mins.
- Taste meat for adjustments
- Remove from heat and add meat to a bowl.
- Add cream cheese and salsa to bowl and mix. Then set aside
- Heat deep fryer to 350 (or pot with oil).
- Cut tortilla in half.
- Put a spoonful of mixture into the center of tortilla and top with cheese.
- Fold each corner over the middle. (creating the “triangle”)
- Brush the edge of tortilla with water or egg wash and press with fork to seal
- Add tortillas to deep fryer and fry for 2-3 mins or until golden brown.
- Drain shells on rack
Additionals toppings – Pico de gallo, Sour Cream, Drizzle with White Queso Cheese