So we all know it feels nice to get fancy some days and make a three course meal for the fam, but what about those days where you just don’t have the energy! Lately I’ve been having a lot of those, so I’ve been in search of new ways to make dinner time easier on myself. And one pot meals have become my GO TO option! Sort of like crock pot meals but with less wait time! Not to mention less dishes to clean afterwards!
So I had to share this delicious Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe. Not only is it quick and easy but you’ll get a good stretch out of it if you portion it according to your family size! Pair it with a nice side salad or garlic bread and dinner is done and ready in 30 mins!
Let’s get our time back mommies! Being in the kitchen all day is not ideal lol so simple meals that our families will enjoy are definitely the way to go!
Check out My IGTV for full video tutorial and get the full recipe and directions below!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups of pasta (I used Penne but any kind will work)
- 24 oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup of water or just fill sauce jar with water
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan (optional)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Seasonings (I used seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, onion & garlic powder)
- Italian Seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb)
- Parsley for topping (optional)
- Dice chicken breasts into cubes and season well.
- Dice onions and garlic and set aside.
- Over Medium-High heat add oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Once butter has melted add chicken to pan and sear until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same pan add another tbsp of butter.
- Add in diced onions and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic in cook 1 additional minute.
- Pour in jar of pasta sauce. Fill sauce jar with water and pour in pot as well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in pasta, reduce heat, cover and cook about 15 mins or until pasta is tender.
- After 15 mins, Mix in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella and season sauce with italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Add chicken back to pot and top with remaining cheeses and parsely.
- Cover and let simmer until cheese has melted.
Serve with garlic bread or side salad and Enjoy!