Christmas is not just for the children. It is also time to enjoy quality time with friends and family at holiday parties. And what’s a holiday party without cocktails?! My Mommi and I have started a tradition where we make holiday themed drinks every holiday and Christmas is my favorite!! I have compiled a list of my favorite Christmas cocktails. And although this blog is dedicated to Christmas “adult fun” Christmas IS about the kids. So, I’ve added a fun mock-tail specifically to bring the children joy.
Hope you enjoy!!
• 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup skimmed milk (you can also use non-dairy milk)
• 2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
• optional: whipped cream and cinnamon for topping
1. Stir the chocolate, caramel, vanilla, milk and Baileys together in a microwave-safe mug or glass. Heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until piping hot.
2. Remove from the microwave and stir to make sure all the chocolate and caramel has thoroughly melted. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon (if using) and enjoy!
• 1 (750mL) bottle champagne
• 3/4 cup cranberry blood orange or pomegranate juice (your preference!)
• rosemary springs for garnish
• sugared cranberries for garnish
• 4 ounces fresh cranberries
• 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup water
1. Add an ounce or so of juice to the bottom of a champagne flute. Fill it up with champagne, garnish with rosemary and sugared cranberries, and serve!
2. Add 1 cup of the sugar and the water to a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and bring the mixture to a boil, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes. Set it aside until it is cool enough to touch. Once the syrup is cool, either dunk the cranberries in it or pour the liquid over top of them in a bowl. Place the remaining sugar on a plate. I find the cranberries stay the prettiest if you try to remove any syrup “globs” and roll them in sugar one at a time.
(makes one drink)
• 2 oz. vanilla vodka
• 2 oz. Godiva white chocolate liqueur
• 1 oz. white creme de cacao
• 1 oz. half and half
• Lemon wedge
• Sanding sugar
1. Cut a lemon wedge and rub it around the rim of the glass. Dip the rim in the sugar to coat evenly.
2. Add the vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and half and half into a shaker filled with ice.
3. Shake well and strain mixture into glass.
4. Serve immediately, and enjoy with your favorite seasonal tunes next to a toasty fireplace!
1 bottle of whipped vodka
1 bottle of pink champagne or sprinkling rose
1 bottle of cherry 7up
Cranberries for garnish (optional)
Mix in punch bowl stir well
Sugar Cookie Martini
• 4 ounces Vanilla Vodka
• 4 ounces Irish Cream Liqueur
• 3 ounce Amaretto Liqueur
• 1 ounce Sir Winston’s Spice Simple Syrup
1. Into a cocktail shaker full of ice add in the Vanilla Vodka, Irish Cream, Amaretto, and Sir Winston’s Spiced Simple Syrup.
2. Close and shake vigorously for 30 counts.
3. Strain into two chilled martini glasses and serve.
• 8 ounces Homemade Cranberry Sauce
• 2 ounces Lime Juice
• 4 ounces Vodka or Cranberry Vodka
• 1 ounces Simple Syrup optional if your cranberry sauce is not sweet to your liking
• Rosemary Sprig
1. Into a shaker add cranberry sauce, lime juice, vodka, and simple syrup. Fill with ice to the liquid line. Give it a hard shake for 1 minute.
2. Strain into a rocks glass or martini glass without ice.
3. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
1 c. eggnog
1 c. vodka
1 c. Kahlúa
2 tbsp. molasses, plus more for drizzling
Pinch ground ginger
Whipped cream, for topping
1. Wet rims of four cocktail glasses and dip in cinnamon sugar.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add eggnog, vodka, Kahlúa, molasses, and ginger and shake to combine.
3. Pour into rimmed glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with molasses before serving.
White Christmas Margarits
• 1 14oz can of coconut milk
• 12 oz silver tequila
• 8 oz triple sec
• 1/2 cup lime juice
• 2 cups ice
• 1/2 cup mint for garnish
• 1 lime – sliced in rounds for garnish
• sugar for rimming the glass
• cranberries for garnish
1. Combine coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Rim glasses with lime wedge and dip in sanding sugar. Pour into glass and garnish with lime and cranberries. Serve.
Bourbon Holiday Punch
• 2 quarts apple cider
• 1/2 cup water (optional. If the punch tastes to thick to you add the water to think it out)
• 2 quarts Orange Spiced Sweet Tea recipe follows
• 1 750 ml bottle of Four Roses Bourbon
• Garnishes: orange slices cranberries, rosemary sprigs
Orange Spiced Sweet Tea
• 4 cups water
• 2 family sized black tea bags.
• 1 orange peel
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 whole clove
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 6 cups ice
Orange Spiced Sweet Tea Instructions:
1. In a pot place water, tea bags, orange peel, cinnamon stick and clove and bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil remove from heat and let brew for 3-4 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags, peel, cinnamon stick and clove and pour tea into a large pitcher.
3. Add the sugar and ice and stir until ice melts completely.
4. Refrigerate until you are ready to make the Bourbon Holiday Punch.
Holiday Bourbon Punch Instructions:
1. In a large punch bowl mix together the apple cider, water, bourbon, and Orange Spiced Sweet Tea.
2. Add 3 cups ice, 4-5 orange slices and 1/2 cup cranberries to the punch.
3. Place garnishes on a serving plate.
4. Have glasses and ice available for guests to serve themselves.
Fun drink for the kids
• 1 half gallon of lime sherbet
• 1 2-liter of sprite
• 1 gallon of Green Hawaiian fruit punch
• red sanding sugar (optional)
1. First, in a large punch bowl add, spoon in the lime sherbet. Pour half of the sprite and half of the Hawaiian punch over the sherbet.
2. Next, Stir to combine.
3. Completely optional but completely adorable, take a glass and dip the rim in a plate of water. Then dip the rim in red sanding sugar. It will look beautiful and will taste even better.
4. Finally, Spoon in your grinch punch and serve!
There you have it! Try one of these recipes and comment below how they taste. Drink responsibly!