Since the Pandemic hit in March, I have been very hesitant to allow my boys to do any of their normal activities outside of school.
I recently made the tough decision to bring my youngest son, Kaleb, back to Goldfish Swim School. Prior to returning, I called Goldfish Swim School to see what they were doing to keep everyone safe. I was surprised to find out that according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they found no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas or water play areas. When I found this out, I felt a lot better about Kaleb returning to Goldfish Swim School.
I am not new to Goldfish Swim School, both of my two older son’s, Jayden and Chase learned how to swim at Goldfish Swim School over the past two years. I want my youngest son to learn this lifelong skill as well.
When I reached out to Goldfish Swim School, I spoke with the General Manager, Shawn Gibson. Everything Shawn told me they were doing to keep everyone safe along with the CDC findings made me feel comfortable bringing Kaleb back. I asked Shawn if I could interview him and share with my readers/followers what Goldfish Swim School is doing to keep everyone safe.
Click here to watch the full video on my YouTube channel.
Here is a list of the things Goldfish Swim School is doing to make it safe for you to return or to start bringing your child to Goldfish Swim School.
- There is an entrance door and exit door.
- All teachers wear a face screen to protect children in the water.
- Every other lane in the pool is used to allow for proper social distance.
- The chairs in the waiting room are properly social distanced.
- After every class all the chairs in the waiting area are wiped down.
- The showers are closed, as well as the hair dryer’s area.
I know some of you reading this may be asking why I have him in swim classes and it is not the summer anymore. That is a good question – Goldfish Swim School offers year-round swim lessons.
There are nine scientific benefits:
- Deepens the parent-child bond
- Enhances neurological development
- Strengthens social confidence
- Expands cerebral communication
- Increases memory capacity
- Accelerates cognitive development
- Improves motor development
- Boosts development of the whole child
- Reduces the risk of drowning
In addition to the scientific benefits, Goldfish Swim School also offers flexible class times and 30-minute weekly lessons. The fact that the pool is shiver-free and always a warm 90 degrees is essential. The classes are always small, no more than a 4:1 student-to-teacher ratio. They also have a state-of-the-art water purification system that reduces the effects of chlorine. I also love the fact that your child moves at their own pace. There are specific skills that must be mastered before your child can move up to the next level.
Are you interested in finding out if there is a Goldfish Swim School near you? Click here to check locations. If you live in the Indianapolis area, you can use my code – HRUCKER10 – to receive $10 off your first month of lessons through the end of October at either the Fishers, Carmel or Greenwood, Indiana locations.
Hope this helps and inspires you!