All my shrimp lovers get ready to drool over my curry shrimp medley recipe. It is simple, tasty, and serves up in less than thirty minutes. This curry shrimp medley recipe is perfect for any day of the week. Shrimp is one of my favorite food to cook on a busy day. What is yours? I love to spice things up with the flavors from curry, thyme and habanero peppers. This recipe serves well with steamed jasmine rice and / or steamed vegetables. Enjoy!
Servings 3 – 4
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
10 minutes 15 minutes 25 minutes
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 stalk fresh thyme
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 habanero pepper
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- Wash the shrimp with lime and water. (If frozen, add shrimp to a container and run under cold water until thawed).
- Season the shrimp with curry powder, pepper and salt.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add shrimp to the saucepan and saute for two minutes.
- Toss in onion, garlic, thyme and habanero pepper.
- Saute for another three minutes.
- Then add the butternut squash, carrots, yellow squash and zucchini.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add water to pot for more liquid if desired.
- Stir and leave to cook for ten minutes or until vegetables reach desired consistency and the shrimp is pink.
- Serve hot with steamed jasmine rice and or your choice of steamed vegetables.