Here at MommiNation we’re in the midst of our #FitMommiChallenge, but let’s face it, as the weather gets warmer and cook-out season is upon us, we start craving a good ol burger and fries. So, I wanted to share a simple recipe to satisfy that craving in a lighter, healthier way.
This recipe trims the fat by replacing red meat with ground turkey breast and swapping fried potatoes for some overbaked goodness. It is so high on flavor, trust me, you won’t be left feeling disappointed!
As always if you decide to give it a try, tag me, @YolandeKelly and @MommiNation, and let us know how it turned out!
Teriyaki Turkey Burgers with Oven Baked Parmesan Fries
Prep Time: 10min Cook Time: 35min Total Time: 45min
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (or dark meat if you prefer)
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Granulated Garlic
- Teriyaki Marinade or Low -Sodium Soy Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Yellow Onion (substitute: white or sweet onion)
- Green Onions
- 2tbsp Vegetable oil
Oven-Baked Parmesan Fries:
- Russet Potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese (on the block, not pre-shredded)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
Pre-heat oven to 380 degrees.
In a large bowl, season as follows per pound of ground turkey breast:
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2tbsp granulated garlic
- 2tbsp onion powder
- ¼ an onion diced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ a bunch cilantro finely chopped
Massage the turkey breast until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop 1 mound of meat for small patties or 2 for large patties.
Place on a non-stick surface such as parchment paper, or a silpat.
In a large cast-iron skillet, bring 2tbsp flavorless oil (like vegetable or canola) to medium heat.
Sautee on each side until golden brown, about 4 min on each side.
Then place the skillet in the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the patties, until cooked through.
Remove from the oven and place on lightly toasted potato buns, top with sweet & sour sauce and chopped cilantro and spring onions.
Oven-Baked Parmesan Fries:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Thoroughly wash the skin of 4 russet potatoes
- Cut into ½ inch thick wedges, leaving the skin on
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or spray with non-stick spray
- Lay all of the wedges on the sheet in a single layer
- Drizzle with 2tbsp olive oil and toss to coat each wedge with oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I use about 2tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min until golden brown an fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese over the entire sheet of wedges.
Remove from sheet and place in a serving dish or portion onto plates and garnish with chopped parsley.
Lots more homemade recipes are coming soon, but I’d also love to know what you’d like to see next. Share below!