Chickpeas is a legume and is also called garbanzo beans. They are high in protein and found in most Middle Eastern, Indians or Mediterranean cuisines. In Trinidad & Tobago we call it “Chana” and is usually found in Roti or Doubles. This cherry chickpeas: “A taste of Tobago” quick and tasty recipe will sure become a staple in your dinner or snack rotation.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of pre boiled chick peas
- 3 table spoons of curry powder
- 2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- 1 table spoons of salt
- 1 table spoons of Maggi all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 of an onion chopped fine
- 1 table spoon cilantro
- First add the chopped garlic, oil and 1 table spoon of curry powder to the pan and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in the 2 cups of pre cooked chicken peas to the pan and 2 table spoons of curry, salt and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add a cut of water to the chick peas and add onions and Maggie.
- Let the mix boil for about 10 minutes on medium heat covered.
- Once the chickpeas are soft enough to eat add your cilantro.
There you have it! Simple, quick, tasty and healthy. This cherry chickpeas: “A taste of Tobago” recipe is sure to be a hit in your home. Be sure to let us know how you liked this recipe.