Creamy, Cheesy Chicken tossed in Spaghetti noodles? Yes Please!
This dish is bursting with flavor! I’d say it takes the cake when compared to traditional spaghetti. So its sure to become a staple recipe once your family tries this! I made a homemade cheese sauce which was the perfect blend of cheeses and creaminess but you could also use velveeta and it’ll turn out just as tasty! Nothing tops this dish off like fresh tomatoes, parsley and some shredded cheese! Those toppings just add an extra oomph! However if tomatoes aren’t your thing you can definitely leave those out! Pair it with some garlic bread or a nice side salad and glass of wine and this dish is a HIT!
Check out the full ingredient list and steps below! Also be sure to watch the full recipe video tutorial on my IGTv!
- Chicken Breast
- Spaghetti Noodles
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes
- Seasonings for chicken (salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder)
- Seasoning for noodles (Italian seasoning or Mrs. Dash garlic & herb)
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Fresh diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese (I used a monterey jack/habanero cheese)
- 2 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- Salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package
- Once noodles are done, drain and add cap full of olive oil or tbsp of butter to prevent noodles from stick. Also season with a little garlic & herb or italian seasoning. Set aside
- Dice pepper, onions and garlic. Set aside
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- Season chicken well and set aside
- Preheat oil
- Sear chicken until cooked through.
- Remove from pan
- Add in 1 tbsp butter and let melt
- Add in peppers and onions and saute 5-7 mins
- Add in garlic. Saute 1 addtl min
- Remove from heat, add chicken to pan and set aside until cheese sauce is ready
- On medium heat, Add butter to pot and let melt
- Stir in flour slowly and whisk until fully combined with butter. Butter will be kind of lumpy
- Slowly add in and whisk chicken broth into the flour mixture until there are no more lumps.
- Keep whisking and add in the heavy cream. Continue cooking & whisking until the sauce has thickened. (about 3-4 mins)
- Remove sauce from heat and add in cheeses and cream cheese. Whisk until sauce is creamy and smooth. Tasting as you go, season sauce to your liking.
- Add in diced tomatoes.
- Pour sauce all over chicken and veggies and stir to coat all ingredients
- Add noodles to mixture or pour mixture over noodles
- Add fresh parsley, fresh tomatoes and fresh parmesan cheese on top for added flavor!
- Enjoy! 🙂
– Mommi Shaquanda